When it comes to working with our customers, trust is key. Once we establish trust, it serves as the backbone for long-term, dependable relationships.
Many people attribute cheaper rates to greater trust with an insurer when shopping for insurance. While lower rates might generate initial appreciation, this value of instant savings often becomes meaningless if the insurer offers poor customer service. In fact, 55% of consumers say they would pay more for a better customer experience, according to Defaqto Research.
Customer experience is never more essential than at the moment of a claim. When a claim is needed, the response, care and expertise of your insurance agent trumps the small savings by which some customers select their insurer. If the claim is processed professionally, the customer relationship strengthens. But, if the overall experience during the claims processing period doesn’t meet expectations, many decide to end the relationship with their agent.
Many studies show the influence service can have on customer relationships:
- It takes 12 positive customer experiences to make up for one negative experience. (Parature)
- 89% of consumers have ceased doing business with a company after experiencing poor customer service. (RightNow Customer Experience Impact Report)
- A customer is four times more likely to buy from a competitor if the problem is service related. (Bain & Co.)
In summary, low insurance rates should not be the top factor when choosing an insurance provider. Here are three things to look for to guarantee a positive experience with an insurance agency:
- A dedicated, on-site claims team that will communicate with you through every step of the claims process.
- Quality service throughout the duration of the policy, both before and after a claim
- Premium costs